Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby's Room

I know that Eva's been looking forward to this time a lot. A few days ago, I got the baby's room fixed up. We needed to move all our stuff out. Previously, it was our office/scrapbooking room. Now it will be baby Scott's nursery. I took out our stuff and removed a few thing from the walls, but that of course meant I needed to patch up a couple of spots and repaint a few places. Not a problem, we had the paint we needed. I just needed to find where I put my paint brushes. I had looked everywhere imaginable, but couldn't seem to find it. Then, in my coat closet, I decided to pull out an easter basket that was stored there, and lo and behold, there it was. I was then able to paint the spots on the wall.


I then proceeded to set up the crib. It went up quick and easy. I had decided to surprise Eva. She had to go somewhere, and would be gone about an hour and a half. I needed to finish moving the stuff out of the room, and I wanted to put up the crib before she got home. When I finished moving stuff and putting the crib up, I went to the front room and looked out the window and she had just pulled up, so it was a pleasant surprise for her to see that I had put up the crib.


The next step was to set up the changing table. It took about as long as the crib did, but I wasn't trying to go fast, just get it set up properly, since our baby will be laying on it and I wanted to make sure that it would hold him.


This is our stroller and car seat. I didn't just set this up. When we got it several months ago, we got excited and set it up even before we had moved anything out of the room. We just put it in the corner of the room, so it didn't bother us at all that it was out of the box.

Our baby's room is looking really good. I know the walls are all plain, but we just need to decide on how we will decorate them. We don't plan on painting them a different color, but may be putting up some vinyl lettering, or pictures or something. Don't know quite yet. Besides, I'm not picking that stuff, I'll just be putting up what Eva wants me to.

No comments: