Friday, May 22, 2009

Life at home

It's been 3 weeks since Scott was born. I can't believe how fast time goes by! These past 3 weeks have been amazing, having Scott with us really completes us. I love our little guy! We are so blessed to have such a great baby! He is so calm and only cries when he's hungry. He has a pretty good schedule now and only wake us up every 4 - 5 hours. Sometimes when he goes to bed at midnight he wakes up at 5 or even 5:30 am. He's only done this a couple of times, and one of the times was for mother's day. I think that was his mother's day present for me, letting me sleep all night!

Scott is doing great, he's growing and eating tons! Although the past couple of days he's had really bad gas :( our little baby wakes up crying because he can't pass gas, so finally I called his pediatrician and she said I should stop having dairy, because that might be the reason why he has so much gas. So today I'm starting this new diet. Now I need recipes of food that don't have dairy in them. It's going to be kinda hard but my little bundle of joy is completely worth it :)


I love staying at home with Scott, although I must say that the first week was REALLY hard for me. I guess I didn't realize that I was NEVER home before I had Scott. I was so busy, I worked til the day before I had him and was always out and about. So being home ALL day long was really hard especially with my recovery. Having a C-Section after 14 hours of active labor (last 5hrs I was dialated to a 9 and couldn't open up to a 10) is really hard on your body. So by the time I came home, I was still, and am recovering. I couldn't even get up to take care of Scott, my bed was too high and my incision hurt everytime I moved. I couldn't sleep laying down I had to sleep sitting up. Greg was and is definitely a great help, he got up in the middle of the night to hand Scott to me so I could feed him and then he changed his diaper and burped him. I have a totally amazing husband!! I am, however, feeling a lot better now, but I'm still reminded by everybody and my body that I still have to rest and not do too much. Thanks to everyone that have helped us with food and coming to clean my house! I don't know what I wouldn't have done without you guys!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering, ever slow as it may be. Believe it or not, one day you will feel ALL better, I promise!

I'm happy that you are enjoying being a mom, it is just great, soak up every second of it!

Amy said...

He is just beautiful! I'm sure the adjustment has been a rough one, but I know you'll make it through. You are amazing.

jamirodana said...

I had no idea you had a blog until I saw your comment on Amy's blog.
Congrats on your sweet Scott! I love that name and I haven't heard it lately! Good job for bringing it back!
I hope you are doing well.